While we usually think of cars when we hear the word “lemon”, the law applies to more than just vehicles. The list of items covered under this consumer-friendly law includes appliances, electronics, and home furniture, among other manufactured goods. However, the lemon law is most commonly used for defective or malfunctioning vehicles and it can help give you peace of mind knowing the manufacturer can buy-back or replace your vehicle.
Get Started Now with our Free Vehicle Check and find out if your vehicle is covered under the California Lemon Law. Our process is quick and easy! Free consultation is available with one of our experienced attorneys. Call us at 888-536-6628.
You know your new, used or Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is causing you problems but is it considered a lemon? Use our Vehicle Lemon Checklist below and see if your vehicle qualifies for refund or replacement under the California Lemon Law.
California Vehicle Lemon Checklist
For your purchased or leased vehicle to be deemed a “lemon”, there is a presumption guideline within the Song-Beverly Act that specifies the criteria your vehicle must meet within 18 months of delivery to you or within 18,000 miles on your vehicle’s odometer (whichever comes first):
- The manufacturer or dealer has made an absolute minimum two (2) or more attempts to repair a warranty problem on your vehicle that could cause death or serious bodily injury
- The manufacturer or dealer has made four (4) or more attempts to repair the same warranty issue; or
- Your vehicle has been out of service for more than thirty (30) days while being repaired for any number of warranty problems; or
- Your vehicle’s defect(s) are covered by the warranty, substantially reduce your vehicle’s use, value or safety and are not caused by abuse of the vehicle
- If required by the vehicle’s warranty or Owner’s Manual, the consumer must directly notify the manufacturer about the problem(s), preferably in writing
If the above criteria are met, you may be entitled to a replacement vehicle or refund of your defective vehicle’s purchase price. However, if you don’t meet all the guidelines on the checklist, don’t worry! The California Lemon Law is complex and our knowledgeable on-site auto specialists know which details to search for that could strengthen your case against the manufacturer or dealer.
TALK TO A LAWYER
If you find that your vehicle may qualify as a lemon, call us now to talk to one of our dedicated lawyers. Your consultation is free -- 888-536-6628.
It’s possible for the manufacturer to counter the criteria in the above presumption guideline if you fight them alone. One common example being the manufacturer may claim that your vehicle’s issues are minor and not covered under the Lemon Law, leaving you scrambling to prove that your vehicle is indeed a lemon and convincing the manufacturer that you have rights. With an experienced team of attorneys on your side, you will feel more confident that you will get the best outcome for your case.
Our attorneys have over 20 years of experience helping clients determine if their vehicle is a lemon. We will guide you through the Lemon Law Process and ensure that you are always up-to-date on the status of your case.
Speaking to an experienced attorney is only a click away. Use our Live Chat feature or call us at 888-536-6628 for your free consultation. We’ll tell you if your vehicle qualifies under the California Lemon Law in just minutes. You have rights and we’ll help you get the best outcome for your Lemon Law case!